It's now become easier than ever to track and improve your fitness journey - introducing the best cheap fitness watch. Fitness trackers have become indispensable tools for enthusiasts and casual users alike. While high-end smartwatches boast a plethora of features, there's a growing demand for affordable options that deliver on quality without breaking the bank.
We're going to take you through the most affordable fitness watches, exploring the best options that offer an incredible bang for your buck. These devices are all packed with features that rival their more expensive counterparts, making them accessible to all fitness enthusiasts.
The best cheap fitness watch at a glance:
• Best overall cheap fitness watch: Honor Band 6 - View now on Amazon
• Best cheap Fitbit fitness watch: Fitbit Inspire 2 - View now on Amazon
• Best cheap fitness watch for small wrists: HUAWEI Band 4 - View now on Amazon
We understand that when it comes to health and fitness, investing wisely in gym essentials is crucial. The right fitness watch can act as your little companion, during long runs or intense lifting sessions. They can also offer insights into your daily activity, monitoring your heart rate, tracking sleep patterns and even motivating you to push your limits.
So, if you're eager to achieve your fitness goals, all while keeping an eye on your spending, read on and discover the perfect fitness watch to accompany you on your path to a healthier you.
The best cheap fitness watches to buy right now
1. Honor Band 6
Best overall cheap fitness watch
If you've read a couple of our articles now, it's probably no surprise that the Honor Band is one
- Expansive 1.47 inch AMOLED colour display with touch screen, providing a clear interface for easy navigation
- 14-Day battery life which means you get seamless metrics
- Ten professional workout modes for ultimate customisation
- No GPS option meaning it relies on a connected smartphone for tracking during outdoor activities
Best cheap Fitbit fitness watch
Coming in at a close second is the Fitbit Inspire 2, which doesn't disappoint, even when compared
- Slim design which is a massive bonus if you have small wrists as it won't feel cumbersome
- Continuous heart-rate monitoring so you can real-time track any trends
- Automatic exercise recognition, making it convenient for tracking your workouts without manual input
- Display is relatively small and lacks colour
Best cheap fitness watch for small wrists
This sleek and lightweight fitness watch is great for individuals with small wrists as the band
- 0.96-inch colour touchscreen for an exciting visual experience
- Built-in USB charging, so you can charge it anywhere and anytime, without the need for a lead
- HUAWEI TruSeen technology monitors heart rate accurately and provides reminders via vibrations if your heart rate exceeds the maximum average
- Battery life is not as long as others on our list
- Limited sports modes
Best cheap fitness watch for sports modes
The Amazfit Bip U Pro is a fantastic budget fitness watch that offers a wide range of features. It
- Equipped with a PAI Health Assessment so all your health metrics are accurate
- Over 60 sports modes including swimming, running and cycling, for athletes of all levels
- Has Amazon Alexa integration so you can ask your watch questions, set alarms and check the weather
- Some reviewers found the Bluetooth connectivity was poor
Best cheap fitness watch for battery life
Xiaomi has gained quite the reputation for offering high-quality and affordable tech products,
- Offers over 110 sports modes to help you with tracking metrics like calories burned during a specific exercise
- Always-on mode meaning you can read the date and time without lifting your wrist or tapping the screen
- Interchangeable colour straps for personalisation, and so you watch can match your activewear
- Doesn't pair efficiently with Apple products
Best cheap fitness watch with TruSleep technology
The HUAWEI Band 7 has a generous 1.47-inch display, offering a spacious screen for all your
- Two modes to help with sleep quality, TruSleep and TruRelax for additional sleep monitoring
- 96 Workout modes to support you with any sport you like to take part it or practice
- Available in three colours, green, black and a neutral pink to match any aesthetic or gym wear
- Some reviewers found the battery life is not as long as the advertised 14 days. With all the features activated, it may be closer to five days
FAQs: Fitness watches
Are Fitbits worth it?
Fitbit has gained a reputation for reliable fitness tracking and user-friendly apps, making them a popular choice for many. They offer an extensive range of models to cater to lots of different budgets and fitness goals. On top of this they're also compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
Saying that, as demonstrated by our list, the fitness watch market is highly competitive, and various brands now offer innovative features, styles and price points. So, to determine whether it's a Fitbit you want to invest in. Rather than let's say a HUAWEI or Honor, consider the features you're looking for, design preferences and battery life.
Are fitness watches worth the money?
The value of a fitness watch largely depends on how you plan to use it. For many, these devices offer significant benefits, as they provide real-time data on various health and fitness metrics. They also track workouts, monitor sleep patterns and even offer similar features to that of a smartphone. Your fitness watch can also serve as motivation towards a more active and healthier lifestyle, making them worth the investment.
However, their worth also depends on how often you plan on utilising these features. Some individuals find that a basic fitness tracker or even solely smartphone apps will suffice for their needs. Meanwhile others want all the bells and whistles and advanced features a fitness watch will often provide.
The value of fitness watch is wholly subjective, and it's crucial to think of your goals and preferences before deciding if it's worth the investment for you.
How do I style a fitness watch for everyday wear?
You want to make the most of having a fitness watch and you want to wear it everyday - we get it. So to seamlessly incorporate a fitness watch into your daily looks, think about the design of the watch and strap colour. As a rule of thumb, opt for a fitness watch with a sleek and understated look. This gives you more versatility when working out what outfits your watch goes with. Black or neutral coloured bands are the most versatile and pair easily with a range of clothing choices.
Additionally, you could always choose to add bracelets to either wrists to complement your fitness watch and add a touch of personal style. When dressing up for an event or dinner, swap your fitness watch strap to a neutral colour. Alternatively, select one that's metal or leather for a more formal appearance. Ultimately, the key is to strike a balance between functionality and aesthetics. Ensuring your fitness watch not only helps you stay active, but also enhances your overall look.
Gemma Lavers is a Health & Fitness Writer for What's The Best. When she’s not travelling or writing, Gemma loves spending her weekend completing home workouts, or attending yoga, Pilates or Zumba classes.
Subscribe to the What’s The Best Newsletter to keep up to date with more of the latest reviews and recommendations from the rest of the What’s The Best team.