Ah, cheese. Not just a decadent sandwich filling, evening snack, or après ski treat, but a way of life. Ask any cheese lover, they'll tell you.
If there's one thing you can always rely on, it's cheese. There for you when you're sad, happy, socialising, or on your own, it's the real MVP of the food world. It makes everything better. Pizzas, toasties, pasta, meats - we can't think of a single thing that isn't made better by cheese. Obsessed? Us? Never.
Thankfully, if you know a cheese lover or just want to treat yourself to some cheddar-y goodness, there are so many cheese gifts out there to really make someone (or yourself) feel special.
From cheeseboards to hampers, cheese-making kits, and even an individual raclette set (aka heaven), you can earn yourself some serious brownie points with these gift ideas.
So if you need to say "sorry you're feeling blue", show some cheesy love on Valentine's Day or wish them a gouda birthday, gifts don't get any cheddar than this. Sorry, not sorry.
Best gifts for cheese lovers
1. Cheese Lovers Gift Hamper
First up, the BEST gift you could EVER get a cheese lover is... cheese. This hamper contains four international award-winning cheese truckles, a jar of gourmet chutneys or relish and a box of artisan biscuits. It's the ultimate cheesy gift.
2. Perfect British Cheeseboard Maxi - Letterbox Gift
This selection from Butlers Farmhouse Cheeses contains a variety of delectable cheeses, crispbread and a jar of fig relish delivered through the letterbox. The brand will even write out a personalised postcard for your recipient. Cheesy love doesn't get better than this.
3. Cheese Making Kit - Around The World in 20 Cheeses
Put the power of the cheese maker into the hands of your friend or family member with this epic cheese-making kit. It contains everything they need to make 20 different cheeses. Divine.
4. Gift Republic Scratch Off Bucket List Cheeses
This scratch-off poster lets your cheese-loving friend revel in their life's mission - to taste every variation known to man.
5. Personalised Individual Raclette Set
Raclette at your desk? Naturally. This individual raclette set comes with a personalised spatula, so no one else will ever dare put their grubby mitts on your favourite snack machine.
6. Talking Tables Cheesy Jokes
Perfect for dads and pun lovers, this Talking Tables Cheesy Jokes pack will help to entertain guests and is a great idea to have after dinner with port and cheese on the table.
7. Salter’s Handbag Toastie Maker
One of the best sandwiches is a cheese toastie, oozing goodness between two pieces of bread squeezed together with the help of a toastie maker. There's something special about this one though, it's shaped in the style of a handbag and even Nigella Lawson is a fan!
8. Cheese Essentials Trio
No cheese night is complete without a host of condiments to heighten the experience. This set contains ale chutney, beer jelly and pear and fig chutney, a delightful accompaniment for soft and hard cheeses.
9. Cheese College Sweater
Want everyone to know about your favourite snack? Wear it loud and proud for the world to see with this amazing college-style cheese sweater. Available in five colours.
10. Make Your Own Halloumi Kit
If halloumi is your cheese of choice, you can make your very own with this halloumi making kit. It contains all the equipment needed to make eight batches of mouth-watering halloumi.
11. Three Cheese Gourmet Popcorn Bundle Six Pack
Something a little different here - this popcorn snack set is dangerously delicious and totally addictive. It features cheddar cheese, goats cheese and black pepper popcorn, and blue cheese flavour.
12. Vintage Style Cheese Metal Wall Plaque Sign
Let everyone know just how important your cheese obsession is by displaying is clearly on your wall for all to see. Live, laugh, love? No no no. Brie, cheddar and stilton, my friends.
13. PopNotes Fun Novelty Sticky Notes - Cheese Grater
This 'grate' gift will show your cheese-loving colleague that you truly know them best. They'll smile every time they have to scribble down a note, remembering why they bother to turn up to work in the first place - cheese.
14. Personalised Cheese Board
Rule the kingdom of cheese with this personalised cheese board that declares it so. Choose from king or queen and add the name of whoever you're gifting it to as well.
15. Ilchester Vegan Blue Block
You can still be a cheese lover if you are vegan! With nearly every cheese flavour replicated for non-dairy cheese connoisseurs, you can make your cheeseboard of dreams. Ilchester makes a range of cheese from vegan blue cheese, a vegan mature, smokey vegan cheese and Mexicana vegan cheese. During the Christmas season, you can get the entire selection so you can have a cheesy feast - no need to miss out.
Make the ultimate cheeseboard
If you're spending that special occasion with your cheese-loving relative or friend, treat them to the ultimate cheeseboard with these epic tips from the cheese experts at the Wensleydale Creamery. Their guide is guaranteed to impress.
For perfecting your cheeseboard, the Wensleydale Creamery recommends:
• A traditional and iconic British 'crumbly' variety, such as fan favourite Yorkshire Wensleydale, to bring a unique and crumbly texture to your cheeseboard
• A blue cheese is key - Wensleydale Blue with a delicate, mellow, yet full flavour with a creamy texture has broad appeal for newcomers to blue cheese and connoisseurs alike!
• An innovative flavour to excite, such as the Limited Edition Yorkshire Wensleydale with Orange and Champagne, for those who want to experiment with flavours. The combination of creamy, crumbly Yorkshire Wensleydale with candied orange zest and champagne is bound to go down a treat!
• A sweet fruit number - the all-year-round favourite Wensleydale and Cranberries adds a burst of colour and is a fail-safe favourite with all generations
• A cheese with heritage, to tell a story such as the handcrafted and naturally aged Kit Calvert Old-Style Wensleydale is bound to impress. This cheese celebrates the father of Wensleydale Cheese 'Kit Calvert', who helped to save the Wensleydale Creamery from closure in 1935. The cheese recipe emulates that of a farmhouse cheese from the turn of the century, to create a natural rind and buttery, creamy texture.
• A classic cheddar with a point of difference - this Davidstow Mature Cornish Cheddar is strong and powerful, aged around 12 months for exceptional, in-depth flavours - it's been described as a "league of its own" by reviewers and a great pick for cheeseboards and sandwiches.
• A Naturally Smoked Cheese adds further dimension to a cheeseboard with a wonderful golden coloured rind & aroma and true smoked flavour.
Are you a Prime member?
Have you signed up for Amazon Prime yet? You can sign up today for a free 30-day trial and find out what all the fuss is about. You get free next-day delivery on thousands of items, plus so much more – Prime Video, Prime Reading, Amazon Family, and more.
What to read next:
Jade Moscrop is a Content Writer for WhatsTheBest, specialising in lifestyle topics. She also writes for Closer, Heat, and Mother&Baby. Yes, she is a cheese addict.
Subscribe to the What’s The Best Newsletter to keep up to date with more of the latest reviews and recommendations from Jade and the rest of the What’s The Best team.